LOCATION: SOUTHFIELD, MI
REPORTS TO: Customer Service Manager
JOB CODE: PROFESSIONALS
FLSA/PAYGRADE: Non-exempt / 8BH
The role of the Customer Service Technologist II is to provide Filtra clients with top-level service as the subject matter expert for all their needs. This role requires extensive knowledge of Filtra products with the ability to install, service and train both Filtra staff as well as client staff in maintenance and general service needs. The role requires a professional client-facing demeanor as well as the ability to travel to client sites.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Presents to clients as the subject matter expert to execute any needs as regards Filtra-Systems equipment.
- Performs system installations as well as installation and post-install supervision.
- Performs inspections, testing alignments and integration of filtration equipment both electrical and mechanical.
- Troubleshoots and repairs filtration systems.
- Documents all phases of inspection and testing.
- Mentors new hires to acclimate with the clients and the travel routine.
- Serves as a trainer for both Filtra staff as well as client personnel.
- Interprets and implements electrical and mechanical drawing and design.
- Implements engineering changes as directed by the engineers.
- Travels to client sites as needed.
- Plans daily activities within the guidelines of company policy, job description and supervisor’s
- instruction in such a way as to maximize personal output.
Responsible for aiding in your own self-development by being available and receptive to all training made available by the company. Plans daily activities within the guidelines of company policy, job description and supervisor’s instruction in such a way as to maximize personal output.
Responsible for keeping own immediate work area in a neat and orderly condition to ensure safety of self and co-workers. Will report any unsafe conditions and/or practices to the appropriate supervisor and human resources. Will immediately correct any unsafe conditions as the best of own ability.
Responsible for the integration of CNI Core Competencies into daily functions, including: commitment to integrity, knowledge/quality of work, supporting financial goals of the company, initiative/motivation, cooperation/relationships, problem analysis/discretion, accomplishing goals through organization, positive oral/written communication skills, leadership abilities, commitment to Affirmative Action, reliability/dependability, flexibility and ownership/accountability of actions taken.
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance with all applicable rules (federal, state, local, Federal Acquisition Regulations, Code of Federal Regulations, Prime Contract requirements, etc.) for themselves and the company as a whole. Fosters an environment in which they will report any violations or reasonably suspected violation of CNI policy, FAR, and/or CFR and are comfortable discussing the myriad compliance, conflict, FAR, CFR, etc. issues that arise during the performance of a government contract.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of five to ten (5-10) years’ relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education/experience.
JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Outstanding customer service and relationship-building skills with ability to anticipate and meet customer needs.
- Skilled in facilitating teamwork and coordinating efforts for the successful achievement of goals.
- Exceptional organization, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent listening and problem-resolution skills.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform successfully the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. Work is primarily performed in an office environment. Regularly required to sit. Regularly required use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms to handle objects and operate tools, computer, and/or controls.
Must be able to talk and hear. Occasionally required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. May be required to lift, push or pull 50 pounds or more using cart or hand truck. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. May work near moving or mechanical parts. May have exposure to chemicals, fumes, warehouse environment or adverse weather conditions. Wears required personal protective equipment such as steel toed shoes, work gloves, safety glasses, ear protection, dust masks, and safety belts on a continuous basis. Moderate to high risk of electrical shock. Minimum exposure to vibration, moving and mechanical parts. May be exposed to adverse weather conditions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.